Cyril Cohen (Jul 01 2021 at 14:02):
Second Call for Workshops - FLoC 2022 — The 2022 Federated Logic Conference
July 31 - August 12, 2022
CALL FOR WORKSHOPS
The Eighth Federated Logic Conference (FLoC 2022) will host the following ten
conferences and affiliated workshops.
CAV (34th International Conference on Computer Aided Verification)
Workshop chair: TBD
CP (25th International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming)
Workshop chair: TBD
SUBMISSION OF WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for workshops on
topics in the field of computer science, related to logic in the broad sense.
Each workshop proposal must indicate one affiliated conference of FLoC 2022.
It is strongly suggested that prospective workshop organizers contact the
relevant conference workshop chair before submitting a proposal.
Each proposal should consist of the following two parts.
1) A short scientific justification of the proposed topic, its significance,
and the particular benefits of the workshop to the community, as well as a
list of previous or related workshops (if relevant).
2) An organisational part including:
- contact information for the workshop organizers;
- proposed affiliated conference;
- estimate of the number of workshop participants (please note that small workshops, i.e., of less than ~13 participants, will likely be cancelled or merged);
- proposed format and agenda (e.g. paper presentations, tutorials, demo sessions, etc.);
- potential invited speakers (note that expenses of workshop invited speakers are not covered by FLoC);
- procedures for selecting papers and participants;
- plans for dissemination, if any (e.g. a journal special issue);
- duration (which may vary from one day to two days);
- preferred period (pre or post FLoC);
- virtual/hybrid backup plans (including platform preference).
The FLoC Organizing Committee will determine the final list of accepted
workshops based on the recommendations from the Workshop Chairs of the hosting
conferences and availability of space and facilities.
Proposals should be submitted through EasyChair:
Please see the Workshop Guidelines page: https://floc2022.org/workshops/ for further details and FAQ.
Submission of workshop proposals deadline: September 27, 2021 (note extended deadline)
Notification: November 1, 2021
Pre-FLoC workshops: Sunday & Monday, July 31–August 1, 2022 (note corrected dates)
Post-FLoC workshops: Thursday & Friday, August 11-12, 2022
Questions regarding proposals should be sent to the workshop chairs of the
proposed affiliated conference. General questions should be sent to:
FLoC 2022 WORKSHOP CHAIRS
Guillermo A. Perez
apologies for cross posting
Kevin Buzzard (Jul 02 2021 at 05:53):
This whole procedure is alien to me. Can someone give an example of what a workshop is?
Cyril Cohen (Sep 20 2021 at 11:34):
The deadline is getting closer: September 27, 2021.
@Jeremy Avigad @Patrick Massot @Kevin Buzzard ... are you considering applying?
@Kevin Buzzard These are generally 1-day events right before or after conferences such as ITP. You may have tutorials, invited speakers, formal and informal talks as you like. There has been several Coq Workshops over the years (cf https://coq-workshop.gitlab.io/) you could look at the programs there to see what happened. (There have been also several Isabelle workshops, FYI). The instructions on how to submit a workshop proposal are here: https://floc2022.org/workshops/
Last updated: Aug 03 2023 at 10:10 UTC